The National Power Authority on Friday

On Friday, the National Power Authority (Nepra) officially held K-Electric for 19 of the 35 people who died of electric shock in Karachi after taking two showers in July and August, and filed a lawsuit against the power company. it started. However, K-Electric said that unfortunate accidents occurred mostly at home due to incorrect wiring, incorrect connections, incorrect placement of cable TV and Internet cables on the wires, flooding and waterways around the power plant.

According to the Nepra statement

According to a report of the Commission of Inquiry, KE is responsible for 19 out of 35 cases of electric shock and for long periods of power outages. This charge. Last month, under the 27-A section of the Nepra Act 1997, the Investigative Committee, organized by Nepra, submitted a post-investigation report on power sites where detailed site visits and deaths were reported. The regulators said they were investigating the loss of lives due to electric shocks and power interruptions during heavy rains in Karachi on July 29-31 and August 10-12.

The National Power Regulatory Authority decided to initiate legal action against K-Electric in 1997 under provisions relating to the Nepra Act. K-Electric blames city floods due to rain and aggression around power facilities. Saffrad Akram Nepra spokesman said the investigation team found a case of KE violations in which the utility failed to submit an immediate report to the regulatory body in Sections 4 (g) and 7 (3) b of the Performance Standards and Distribution Rules for Current Leakage. 

Found that. . He also said that the company turned out to be in violation of the distribution code. He explained that if the current leaked out of the LT pole, it was not properly grounded. The investigating committee pointed out that after the rains of July 29-31, 18 incidents involving 19 deaths were reported and K-Electric was responsible for 12 deaths. The case included the events of two boys, which were widely disseminated on social media.

During the second spell from August 10 to 12, a total of 16 deaths occurred, and the total KE was responsible for seven deaths. Nine others lost their lives at home or for reasons other than KE. According to the investigating committee, a total of 31 accidents were killed in 35 cases, 19 of which were due to KE's negligence.

The show cause notice

The company will submit a Parawai response to the show cause notice. If the response is not satisfactory, Nepra will impose a microrange between 10 and 20 billion rupees, which will increase by 100,000 rupees per day if not paid. Given that the loss of life is enormous, there is a possibility that a maximum fine will be imposed, in addition to the compensation for the family of affected people. K-Electric said it is a responsible, law-compliant organization and will submit a response to the authorities within the prescribed time.

KE sympathizes with families who have been sadly affected by the tragic events of recent heavy rains. However, it is important to mention that many of these unfortunate events occurred at home due to wiring defects, unsafe use of electrical appliances or improper placement of cable TV and Internet cables on the kunda and wires. By Nepra's early discovery.

However, while the power company regularly campaigns to identify opportunities for infrastructure improvements and enhance the reliability and safety of its power supply, KE said it should take the necessary steps in light of Nepra's findings. However, power companies continue to emphasize that external issues such as permanent water, erosion around electrical infrastructure and grounding theft not only damage KE's infrastructure.

But also compromise the integrity of electrical systems and bypass electrical safety mechanisms. Create public safety risks. All these external factors provided by Karachi's various civic groups have a great impact on the power company's ability to provide safe and reliable electricity to its customers.

Last industry status report

Power utilities are committed to safety, and according to Nepra's last industry status report released in 2018, KE recorded the third highest number of accidents. However, in recent rains, some areas of the city have been flooded, resulting in urban flooding, and the supply of power to some of these areas is at the request of the local administration for public safety, such as the supply of water around power facilities. Supply has been interrupted.

Lying areas not only damage the utility infrastructure, but also interfere with restoration efforts and cause fatal accidents. KE has repeatedly requested recognition of the repetitive role of all interested parties and civil administrations in providing an environment in which power facilities can operate by enforcing basic urban development protocols in a planned manner throughout the city.

Its scale makes tears

1.9m people were excluded from the final list of the National Civil Register in Assam, which was published by the Indian government on Saturday. Most of them are Bengali-speaking Muslims who were considered 'foreigners' because they entered India before March 1971 or were unable to prove their entry before Bengalis was actively encouraged to migrate before March 1971. India. Many people lived in Assam for decades or didn't know any houses other than India.

Due to the high threshold for documentary evidence and the long and dark appeal process, the process of updating the NRC is controversial given NJP's position to steal BJP's anti-Islamic and anti-immigrant sentiment. Interior Minister Narendra Modi promised to implement the NRC throughout India to eradicate those who described him as a 'spit investment' and likened pests. Given that discrimination and non-humanization are often pioneers of genocide.

It is not surprising that human rights groups are so amazing. More than 1,100 people are already imprisoned in Assam's so-called Foreign Detention Center. There is a fear that genocide, such as forced displacement and genocide, is imminent or even worse. When the Hingya crisis was seen as a tremendous human tragedy in 2017 when hundreds of thousands of Burmese citizens were deprived and fled to Myanmar to Bangladesh, what could happen in Assam could be perhaps unimaginably fatal.

It is an inhumane practice to make people stateless

If an individual does not belong legally anywhere, no state is responsible for ensuring their rights, survival or even existence. The UN Convention on the Status of Stateless Persons in 1954 guarantees basic protection, but denying the national identity of individuals denies the right to actually have rights, and the state has in fact used the withdrawal of citizenship as a political tool to punish opponents and critics. . It also changes demographics. As a result, even the few cases where Western IS fighters and co-workers were deprived of citizenship were controversial.

It is important to be stressed, but here is the life of numerous innocent civilians at risk. It is a tremendous humanitarian crisis that puts stateless people from Bangladesh at risk of being alienated, killed or killed in detention centers and refugee camps. Immigration from India's Assam region will undoubtedly strain relations with Bangladesh, although there is no indication that it will accept this 'unwanted' human being.

But negotiating a reasonable and humanitarian agreement on the brewing crisis It is in both countries. Bangladesh must enter into a kind of contract with India and soon reconsider its policy on Gingya's status as stateless, seeking refuge without borders.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: